Undergraduate Graduation Application Form

This form is to be used by undergraduate students applying to graduate. It must be signed by your advisor and then the department chair.

 Change of Major

You must contact the department for signatures before submitting this form.

 GE Substitution Form

This petition form is to be used by students attempting to substitute a GE course. Please read instructions on the form closely.

Major/Minor Substitution Form (ARR Update Form) A login is required.

This form is used to make substitutions to Major or Minor course requirements stated in the SSUs catalog, or to make any corrections to your Academics Requirements Report (ARR). An approved course substitution will be reflected in the ARR, in your MySSU. This form must be completed by an advisor and the chair within that department.

 Request for Incomplete

This form is for students requesting an “Incomplete”.

Internship Form (499)

The Internship Program is a field-based learning experience where a student is in a job setting, learning skills that integrate career goals with their coursework and major. The Internship Program is designed for students as a means to incorporate qualified and supervised work into their educational program and gain academic credit while making valuable career connections. Although internships are generally unpaid, exceptions can be made in circumstances where the student’s status as a student, rather than an employee, can be protected. Students should meet with the Internship Advisor/Coordinator in your major department and complete the Internship Agreement Form prior to beginning the internship. 


Faculty-Requested Drop

This form is to be used by faculty to drop students who miss their required attendance at the start of the semester.  This form should be submitted to the Office of the Registrar no later than 2 days after the end of Add/Drop.

Grade Change Form A login is required.

Used to change a student’s grade. Should the form require a Dean’s signature, the form will be routed to them.

Temporary Faculty Eligible for Three-Year Contract for 2024/2025
Academic Personnel is providing the list electronically on their Website Link.


 Petition of Time Conflict

Students are not allowed to enroll in any two or more classes meeting during the same time period. If this does occur the student may petition to enroll in both classes with the approval of the instructors on how meeting periods can be adjusted to accommodate the conflicting time. Please note: these forms are to be submitted during the add period. Both courses do need to be open in order for the form to be processed.

 Petition to Add (after posted deadline)

This petition form is to be used by students who wish to add after the deadline. Petitions to add after the deadline are accepted for review when a student has serious or compelling reasons that prevented him/her from meeting the add deadline. 

 Petition to Take Additional Units

This form is to be used by students requesting to register for more than the maximum units set for the term. Please note:​


 Leave of Absence Form

This form is to request a leave of absence for a future semester or the current semester. This form is required to be submitted within the first 2 weeks of the semester that you are enrolled in. If you are not enrolled in the semester or requesting for a future semester please proceed. View the Leaves of Absence policy for more information.

 Petition to Withdraw from an Individual Class – after posted deadline

Petitions to withdraw from a class after the deadline are accepted for review when a student has serious and compelling reasons that prevented him/her from meeting the withdraw deadline. 

 Repeat Course Form A login is required.

This Form is for course repeat exceptions only. If you are repeating an SSU course (at SSU) for the first time, in which you received a C- or below, there is no need to complete this form.

 Withdrawal completely from Sonoma State University – for total term

This form is to be used by students requesting to withdraw completely from Sonoma State University.

 Concurrent or Visitor Enrollment (CSU) – for in-person classes at other CSU's

This application is to be used by California State University students who wish to enroll concurrently at another CSU campus.

 General Petition for Waiver of University Regulations

This form is used to petition or waive University regulations such as retroactive withdrawals, GE unit requirements, catalog year, and more as outlined in the Sonoma State Catalog. 

Unit Credit by Challenge Examination A login is required.

SSU grants undergraduate degree credit for successful completion of non-collegiate instruction, either military or civilian, appropriate to the baccalaureate degree, which has been recommended by the Commission on Educational Credit and Credentials of the American Council on Education. The numbers of units allowed are those recommended  in the Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experience in the Armed Services and the National Guide to Educational Credit for Training Programs.

You may earn unit credit for an SSU course that you successfully challenge by examination. The University, in the interest of accelerating the academic progress of capable students with special interests and experience, encourages the earning of such credit. 

Not finding what you're looking for?

Many additional forms are found on the Office of the Registrar's Forms page.